Anti-inflammation Diet for Lyme Disease
Looking for an anti-inflammation diet to help alleviate some of your symptoms of Lyme Disease? If so, you've come to the right place. Recipes for Repair: A Lyme Disease Cookbook contains the latest information about, and is the best guide to following, the Lyme Inflammation Diet® developed by Dr. Kenneth B. Singleton, MD, MPH, author or The Lyme Disease Solution.
This diet has helped many people with Lyme disease and other inflammatory ailments experience better health through a system of nutritious, whole-foods eating that reduces inflammation. While designed for broad appeal, the diet also includes many gluten-free, low-sugar, dairy-free and other options for readers with specific food sensitivities.
Those following the diet report remarkable changes in symptoms and feel empowered that they are able to do this by changing their eating habits, all while still enjoying tasty meals. Download eight free recipes and try them today!
- The Four Diet Phases
Certain foods are allowed in each Phase of the diet (click a Phase name to see its list of foods).
Phase 1: Induction. During the first week, the goal is to shut down the mechanisms of chronic inflammation in the body, while also performing detoxification.
Phase 2: Early Reentry. Over the next three weeks, food restrictions are relaxed, while the effects of these foods are carefully monitored.
Phase 3: Late Reentry. Over the next four weeks, foods generally considered healthy, but known to cause inflammation in some people, are slowly reintroduced.
Phase 4: Maintenance. Phase 4 allows the addition of even more healthy foods, until a maintenance level is reached, which can be followed for eight weeks, or indefinitely.
- Recent Enhancements
Dr. Singleton had over two years of experience with hundreds of patients using his anti-inflammation diet before we proposed Recipes for Repair to him. We worked closely with Dr. Singleton to update and expand the diet, including new information and guidance based on his experience. The resulting cookbook includes:
- Over 50 foods added or shifted to earlier Phases since the 2008 version of the diet (these foods are marked “new” in food lists).
- A Foreword by Dr. Singleton, describing his belief in his anti-inflammation diet and his support for Recipes for Repair.
- A comprehensive introduction to the diet program, with new or improved explanations of inflammation, toxins, probiotics, organic food benefits and other topics to help readers fight Lyme disease.
- A new section from Dr. Singleton specifically for readers with migraines, “Special Dietary Considerations for Problem Headaches.”
- Over 150 recipes, with clear, simple instructions, helpful nutrition notes and inspiring photography, to make following the diet easier than ever.
- Dr. S's Endorsement
In his Foreword, Dr. Singleton writes:
“Gail Piazza and Laura Piazza do a masterful job of developing dozens of delicious and beautifully presented recipes based on the principles of the Lyme Inflammation Diet®.”
“Food-based healing is possible, and Recipes for Repair: A Lyme Disease Cookbook is a wonderful resource to help you accomplish your healing goals in a way that’s highly satisfying to all of your senses.”
“Gail and Laura have created a book that is not only healthful, but also beautiful and easy to put into practice. … Monitor your progress, and it won’t be long before you see the difference that these recipes will make in your life and in the lives of your family members.”